Thursday 12 April 2012

April update

The weather has been very warm but now very wet, so after losing her winter coat rapidly, Lucie is now covered in mud and trying to keep warm again when the temperatures drop. The flies are pesky too, especially around the ears and when it is warm and wet; I put the fly spray on Lucie and end up with a cloud of little flies around my head! Lucie has been very lively and has lost weight which is good, so as she sheds her winter coat she is looking good. She is keeping fit trotting round the three small fields she's in; the other day she was galloping around and looked very supple, she was changing legs at canter and the lameness seems to be bothering her less. She is in good humour and our relationship is improved, I feel I can ask her to do things and even if she makes a face I know that we can work through it if I remain calm and persistant until she works it out and gives me a try. We are working on patience and not over reacting, that's for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment